Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Speech Review

During my speech, I too noticed that I was very distracted by my powerpoint. I'd created it thinking that having it would help ease some stress I was feeling about forgetting my main points. However, I noticed that it took away from the presentation its self and made it lengthy. My eye contact went down the more nervous I got, and my speech suffered greatly. I realize now that I should be more confident in speaking on my own and not letting technology take away from it. Just because I looked prepared with a powerpoint didn't mean I was mentally prepared I guess, which makes sense since what I'd made it for was just in case and based off of me not trusting myself like I should have. I think that feeling was evident in the room too. I felt it get more tense and uneasy, which led me to freak and adlib quite a bit of my speech. It ended up turning into more of a commercial for the group than trying to sell my idea for the documentary. I lost a lot of aspects in my speech by going about it this way. Next time, I'll trust myself and be confident when I present so I don't fumble and think I need a crutch. In the end, the thing that was supposed to help me most ended up costing me.

No comments:

Post a Comment