Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Reflection Essay

The Project
My biggest struggle during this project was arranging times we could meet. It was usually cold so outdoor footage was almost impossible, then the NCAA tournament put things off for everyone. Through all of the troubles we had, i'm proud of every bit of out documentary. I don't see what more we could've changed to make it much better than the final cut. I was mainly responsible in storyboarding, though I tried to really help in editing quite a bit at the beginning of editing since I'd had some experience with it last semeseter. I tried to keep the peace. I talked to both parties and even when we were about to split the group, we managed to just get over our type A personalities and make something great. I tried not to instigate anything, and our project turned out wonderful.

The Class
This class was amazing! I loved every moment of it! This course did help me in thinking through and helping with group dynamics. I've never really enjoyed working in groups before, but this project helped me understand how to work through problems one might incur during group work and how to work together through differences to achieve a common goal. I enjoyed learning the new technologies with the editing software and keeping a class blog. The way the class is structured is very easy to enjoy and I definitely would rather learn this way than having to write 4 essays. I loved the class in general. I don't see any need to change it. I enjoyed having you as my WRD instructor for the past 2 semesters, and I'm surprised it's gone by so fast. Thanks for a great freshman year, I always looked forward to your class.

No comments:

Post a Comment